Hiking at Veranda Beach has proven a most popular activity over the years with three resort trails to choose from, and each varying in difficulty and aptly named.
- The Beach Trail — This is a fabulous, easy, partly shaded walk along the beach, perfect for families with small children.
- The Lakeside Trail — is our moderate trail, climbing in elevation, to take in spectacular views of the Resort, Veranda`s Vineyard and Lake Osoyoos.
- The Cactus Mountain Trail (aka The Oroville Grind) — Aptly named, the Cactus Mountain Trail is a trail climbing up beautiful Cactus Mountain overlooking the Resort, Lake Osoyoos, and surrounding mountains. Once at the top, the view is seemingly endless stretching south to Tonasket and north to Oliver!
Stop by the front desk for more information and trail directions. If you're taking your furry friend with you, please pick up after them and keep them on a leash. Last but not least, don't forget your water bottle!
Oroville Hiking Trails
- Similkameen Trail — This 9.7-mile out-and-back-style hike is an easy trail that typically takes around 3 and a half hours to complete. The trail is open for hikers, mountain bikers, trail runners, and leashed dogs.
- Whistler Canyon Trail — Whistler Canyon Trail is an ideal day trip for those wanting a bit more of a challenge. The 13.8-mile out-and-back style trail typically takes over 6 hours to complete. Be prepared with plenty of water and snacks when starting off on this route, and be sure to pack out whatever you pack in!
- Blue Lake Trail - True to its name, Blue Lake is a hidden treasure in Orovillee filled with picturesque light blue water. At Blue Lake, guests can swim, fish and explore the panoramic surrounding trail. With a Discover pass, guests are welcome to stop in and enjoy Blue Lake.